I was given a voucher to spend online and, as usual, I skipped straight to the kids clothes; I find it far easier to shop for the kids than for me. I thought K would love this cute Molo top (£22) as a treat. But she said she didn't like it! There's no accounting for taste.
Returns are free so I picked three pairs in the hope that one would fit and I could return the others. This is obviously a risky move as you could be tempted to keep all of them.
I ordered on Friday and the parcel was delivered a week Saturday (I was updated by email of a delay with one item and emailed again when the items had been dispatched).
I ordered these pairs: Levi's Young Modern Demi (£60) , Mavi Serena (£32, reduced from £65), Wrangler Corynn (£60, reduced from £75).
I ordered my usual size and all three pairs fitted really well but I could only keep one, so I chose the Levi's because the Mavi ones were a teeny bit long and the Wrangler ones had a strange kind of unfinished bottom to the legs (this was shown in the online product photos but I didn't notice).
Wrangler strange leg!
My new jeans are great. I found the online shopping process easy and returning the unwanted items was just a case of printing a returns form and taking the box round to my local Collect+ shop. I was updated by email when the package had been received and the refund issued.
I don't own a full-length mirror!Here's what I thought of Zalando...
- Free delivery (no minimum spend) and free returns
- Returns are collect+ so I could drop the parcel off at a local shop (for local people)
- Items are shown from many angles so you get a good idea of what you're getting
- You get a £5 voucher (off £30 spend) for signing up to their newsletter
- You can get 8% cashback via Quidco
- Lots of sale items where you can make some good savings
- Lots of well-known brands
- Almost too much choice!
- I found that many sizes were unavailable
- Delivery takes 3-5 working days and there doesn't appear to be the option of paying for express delivery if you wanted something quickly
Disclosure: I was given a £40 voucher for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and unbiased.